Now that our base is 10 minutes’ walk from our nearest beach break at Saltburn-by-the-Sea we have no excuse not to get in the water when the conditions and work allow! Managing to get out surfing and doing some active research in 2010 we worked with volunteers to find out the kind of issues surfers face, these included:
- Getting out back especially when far away from shoreline
- Difficult conditions (messy, big)
- Using rips
- Lacking confidence to pop-up
- Fear of drowning
- Fear of getting past standing depth
- Fear of fish and things in the water!
- Lacking ability to link skills together (ie set up)
Some of the above issues are partly due to a lack of experience and training and we would advise speaking to a qualified surfing instructor or surf school. However, when a lack of progress is also due to a lack of confidence or fear this is where we come in… We can help you identify and overcome your barriers using a wide range of techniques from Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnosis, Solution Focused Counselling and Sport Psychology. If you would also like support and advice in regards to improving your performance for competition please get in touch – We can help you to improve:
- Visualisation /metal rehearsal
- Anchoring positive states
We work with surfers on a 1:1 basis or we can work with small groups and surf camps/schools with prior notice. *We may be able to see you at other locations so please feel free to enquire.